Your selected question

Q:Do I need my insurance certificate to tax my car?


No, in most cases you can now tax your car online, or by phone, provided that you are the registered keeper and your name, address and any changes you have made to your car have been updated with the DVLA

Go to to tax your car online now or call the DVLA on 0300 123 4321 to renew by phone.

If you have just taken out a policy it can take up to 7 days for your insurance information to reach the Motor Insurance Database.

To check if your details have been updated please check here for free

How useful did you find this answer?

Poor Excellent